The Poetry Challenge
How to take part online at the London Poetry Challenge:
1. Learn a poem by heart. Any style of poem, a rap, a song, or one you have written yourself.
2. Book your place on Eventbrite.
3. Download your Sponsorship Form.
4. To secure your performance spot, please email your name, title of poem and poet’s name. If you need prompting send a copy of your poem to us by September 30th.
5. The event is live, hosted by Josefine Speyer, with compere Claudia Boulton and our resident poet, Elizabeth Uter.
6. When you are called the spotlight will be on you. Claudia will introduce you and your poem. As it is a challenge, we trust you won't have a ‘sneak prompt’ off camera!
7. Please say the name of your charity. When you perform we ask that you keep your video on. Whilst each person performs we ask you all to turn off your video and mute.
8. When you finish, please say how much you’ve managed to raise and how you intend to collect and send the money to your charity. Paypal is the easiest option.
9. We hope you’ll be online with us for the whole two hours to hear about other’s charitable efforts and be inspired by the poems they’ve learnt by heart. There will be a five to 10 minutes comfort break.
10. If you wish to receive a digital certificate with your name on it, confirm in the chat box. and it will be emailed to you.
11. The challenge will be recorded.
12. There will also be songs and poems from great local and international performers!